Saturday, March 2, 2013

I Made This!

The prompt for today's post is "I Made This!"  For me, this was difficult.  I'm not very crafty.  I like to bake/cook, but haven't spent more than the minimally required amount of time in the kitchen lately (I'm swamped between work and Baby T).
 
So... I thought about it and decided to post about my menu board.  I made this just about a year ago, with Mr. Grand Plan's help.  My inspiration for this menu board was, ironically, my first pin on pinterest!
 
I've been menu planning for a long time - maybe 5 years. But I was only planning one week at time.  While on maternity leave last year, I decided to step it up.  I knew that going back to a {new} full-time job, with an infant at home, and attending graduate school would be difficult.  And menu planning would help with that...
 
I haven't been great at monthly meal planning, but we're trying.  Some months are better than others.  I anticipate this summer will be more of a week-by-week plan, because we are frequently gone and we joined a CSA! I'm very excited for my weekly produce!
 
At some point, there are some changes I want to make to my board, but I need to wait until things calm down a little bit on the work side.
 
Here's the "blank" board (all set for the month of March):

 
 
And here it is with the month planned out:
 
 
 
And a close up:
 

Just don't hold me to this :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment